Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Education Cuts

Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 09:58:34 PDT

In a message dated 04/07/2002 12:04:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> My school is to loose at least 4 teachers and
> all travel is cut from the budget. I'm told to expect supply budgets to
> suffer cuts. It's going to be a lean year, but since the bond issue passed
> we will have air conditioning. It will be a cool year.

Now that's what I call priorities! Putting money into air conditioning and
not staff! How many months of the year do you use the air-conditioning,
anyway? We are not talking Florida. Schools in my district, and I am quite
sure in all of New York, are not air conditioned because the majority of the
school year does not require it. Most schools in NY do not have the funds for
what the schools really need, let alone air-conditioning. Too bad the bond
can't cover the necessities first, then the luxuries.

Can't help thinking that with this new President I'm not surprised at
education cuts- regardless of what's going on in the world. Oops, sorry,
better not go there- politics, I mean.
Susan on Long Island