Re: Education Cuts

---------

From: ||LogoHouse.com|| (gosborne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 09:18:01 PDT

>>Subject: Education Cuts<<

We have a replacement levy that failed once about a month ago and goes up
again for vote in two weeks.
If this levy fails,
we will loose approximately 3-4 teachers per school across the district.
H.S. and Jr High coaches for all sports will no longer be paid a contracted
amount, they will maybe get a small building stipend, about a 90% cut in
current wage.
Some sports will be eliminated all together.
Most of the building supply budgets will be drastically slashed.
Maintanence and operations folks will be cut.
And the list goes on.....
For us, this is significant if it fails.

To top it off, our governor is proposing raising our gas tax 9 cents, which
he is sending to the people to vote. If this passes it would put us as one
of the top three high gas prices states in the nation. Now, the big impact
of this mess, if it passes, is Boeing is angry and is threatening to move
EVERYTHING out of our state. It's not pretty at all.
Plus, they state gov is once again threatening to freeze our meager COLA's
we fought to hard to get, becuase they can't seem to balance the budget. If
this happens expect a big ole strike in WA state.

So much for our nations and states leaders supporting education, making it a
number one priority...ya right...

G. Oz.

---