Re: Education Cuts

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 09:13:00 PDT

Yes, my district will have a new middle school, two new media centers, and a
new gym - one of those double ones (for a 1A school we will have 4 gyms!).
The music department is being reshuffled to allow a new music appreciation
class (complete with text books) and I will go back to part time. I will be
interested to discover just what cuts they plan to make. Woody, did't I hear
somewhere that our legislation will make their decisions Tuesday or
Wednesday? The school boards have till May 1 to notify us on contract
changes, and that only leaves us 2 weeks to let them know if we are
returning or not. Not much time to job search......
~Michal