Education Cuts

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 09:02:29 PDT

I don't know how things are in your area, but money is tight in Kansas.
The legislature can't seem to agree on where to find funds for schools.
So each district is planning cuts to make it through next year.
My district (USD 500) Kansas City, Kansas is to cut 4 million from this
years spending. That translates into 60 teachers, 33 custodians and
13 maintenance staff. My school is to loose at least 4 teachers and
all travel is cut from the budget. I'm told to expect supply budgets to
suffer cuts. It's going to be a lean year, but since the bond issue passed
we will have air conditioning. It will be a cool year.
                                What's up in your areas, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com