Re: to Woody

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 12:04:09 PST

> Woody how do you go about getting a web page and who do call and how much? I
> have showed my district your web pages and all loved them.. and now they
> want me to do the same. You have set a president.. great work from your
> students and they have a fantastic art teacher.
> Wayne S

Wayne,
        I pay for the server space from a company named Verio.
You can contact them at Mailto:support@verio-hosting.com
or, you can go to a web site and explore on your own at:
        http://verio.com/company/
I pay $29.95 per month for 40 megs of space and a lot of features
I don't use. They may have a cheaper plan or at least others do.
They are dependable and are up and running 99.99 % of the time.
That's more than I can say about the server my schools web site
is on. But, it is part of the school district and they don't pay those
guys top dollar to keep it running. You can cram a lot of stuff on to
40 megs. If I ever get a message that I'm about to hit my limit
I just remove an Mpeg movie and I have lots of space to add
dozens of pages with lots of pics.
        Good luck on your effort to create and publish a web site.
I don't use any special, costly software. I create my pages with
the "free" Netscape Composer that's on the web for everyone
to use.
                Let me know what you do, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail