BlueManGroup

---------

From: ||LogoHouse.com|| (gosborne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 10:50:19 PST

I was on spring break this last week and I just got back from 6 days in Las Vegas.
It was 88 degrees there all week. Very Hot.

We went to see The Blue Man Group at the Luxor. I remember they were a topic on the list serve a while back.

Anyhow,
The whole production is fabulous. It's an entertaining show of sight, sound, rhythm and some on stage art.
They hand out 6 foot paper streamers (like toilet paper, but durable paper) to everyone at the beginning of the performance, so everyone can dress up to their liking.
Towards the end of the show they launch these toilet paper like canons from the back of the theatre and it pretty much covers the whole audience.
It was loud. It was fun. My kids loved it.
It's participative theatre. It was very cool.
It gave me an idea for our high school end of the year assembly too!!

The only drawback was the cost. In Vegas, it was $85.00 a ticket for my family of four, but it was such a unique experience it was well worth it.
I think it is cheaper on their road shows, which according to their program, there are 3 shows that travel throughout the land.

If you get a chance, go see them.
Two (blue) thumbs up!!

G. O.

---