Re: Color Printmaking / Registration

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 06:32:41 PST

Larry Seiler wrote:
> http://www.taospaint.com/ColorPrinting.html
> Woody....wonderful job, and great link! I'd love to have a nice large press
> like yours! Patient process indeed. I'd be interested in your steps that
> the students used to assure line up of their linoleum prints each time.

Larry,
        Each student has a different size plate and we have very little in the way
of methods to line the plate for registration. They put an "arrow" on
the back
of the plate (pointing up) and an "X" (at the top) on each print. Then they
simply, carefully "eyeball" it. One pic shows a girl placing the plate
by hand. I know about "keys" and registration marks but for middle school
this seems to work best.
                                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail