Re: art/arthritis/methotoxate

---------

From: croberts (croberts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 15:04:14 PST

> Every once in a while, I wonder what it would be to have a day without
pain.

I would like to know myself...I have a problem with my right foot....and I
can hardly walk on it (this subject has been discussed a multitude of
times). I have spent more money than I wish to say on it...I have the
"correct shoes" and I have "inserts made my podiatrist" and I take Naproxen
(Aleve) which is the ONLY thing that helps...and now I've got to quit taking
it. The doctor told me it would cause kidney problems...but he didn't tell
me it could cause a stomach ulcer...but it does! and nothing else helps...
Carolyn

> I'm on Vioxx. It really works well for my hip, but not for my neck and
> shoulder. The doc said I could take Tylenol with it, and it helps a
little.
> Once in a while, I'll take a couple of TylenolPM. It knocks me out tho,
but
> I feel no pain. But sometimes when I can't stand it any more, so I also
take
> Advil (like today) or Aleve. Again helps a bit to a tolelarable level, and
> so far, no side effects. Relefen made me sick to my stomach and dizzy.
> Haven't tried Celbrex.

> > Need help from any artiritis sufferers ouot there.

---