Re: moulage

---------

From: Debbie Stone (dstone_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 12:19:04 PST

A simple way to preserve the face contours is to make a mother mold of plaster/paris craft to support the moulage while it is still on the students face. Then remove the moulage /paris craft mask in one piece. To further support the face place the whole thing into a box of sand before you make the positive.
>>> "sally hendrix" <shendrix@mail.rcps.k12.va.us> 04/04/02 10:38AM >>>
I am trying to use moulage to make masks but am having trouble. The
moulage mask comes of the student in good shape but how do I get it to
maintain the contours of the student's face (without flattening out, etc.)
when I pour the plaster or posmoulage into the initial mask? There must be
a simple answer but right now I am feeling moulage-challelnged. Any help
would be greatly appreciated!