Bridging

---------

From: Pam Stephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 18:10:16 PST

Dear Dawn:

The art and math Take-5 prints include an image of a Bucky Dome ("Expo
'67") as well as a teacher guide with a variety of art-based math activities.

I hope the book is useful for you. Nancy and I wrote "Bridging" based on
many years of art teaching experience. Every lesson is designed to keep art
central to learning rather than using art to teach other content areas.

Also included in the book is a chapter that explains the difference between
check lists and rubrics. Too frequently the two are confused. The
assessment chapter will show how to write an effective rubric that measures
the depth of learning as opposed to whether the student could simply follow
instructions.

Other chapters provide suggestions for promoting arts programs and
developing lesson plans into units of arts-based study.

Thanks again for considering our book and the prints.

Pam

---