Re: Artist in Residence

---------

Madafo_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 08:18:42 PST

marciejwest@hotmail.com writes:

> Does anyone know of an artist in residence for hire. My school has been
> searching all year and can't come up with anyone interested in visiting our
>
> campus to share their talent. The PTA has given us a few thousand dollars
> and I'd hate to loose that budget. They would need to visit with K-8 grade
> and stay for about a week. We are located in Clearwater Florida and are
> willing to pay travel expenses. Any suggestions???

Greetings,

I would be willing to serve as Artist in Residence for your school...

My name is Madafo Lloyd Wilson...I am a storyteller/musician...I tell all
kinds of stories and mainly those which speak from the African and African
American experience. Music, characterization, audience participation and
character education are the back drop of a program that is fun-filled and
educational.
I have a study guide and am capable of tailoring my offerings to fit the
theme of the sponsoring agent.
For more information, contact me by email or call (910) 762-2881...my address
is 610 Queen Street; Wilmington, NC. 28401.

Thanks, for the consideration...
Madafo

---