Re: Closed minded administrators

---------

From: Justin Kramer (justkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1904 - 15:41:08 PDT

My suggestion is to approach this from a different angle. It always feels
like a pointless debate to go into what differs from erotic, the nude and
pornography, however it always proves worthwhile in the end. The large
population is fairly uneducated in this area and it always amazes me that
the greatest protest comes from religous groups yet they worship a semiclad
male tortured on a wooden cross - irony I guess. Moving on. It maybe the
situation that your administrator might not have believed your reply and was
investigating to lay their doubts to rest. If this wasn't the case, the
other angle that you could approach this from is positive images of the
human form. This could prove to be very relevant and unearth issues such as
eating and dieting disorders through art, i.e. before we cloth the figure
lets understand its form. This approach may justify an image of an actual
figure rather than a manikin of stylised figure. Another approach may
require you going to the school library and unearthing a full retrospective
of school-based resources that include the nude as teach material. Don't
forget the science and phsyical education section, there is usually enough
evidence there to put a halt any debate.

Hope this helps

Justin in the tropics

---