Re: Fw: Art Videos - suggest Great Ones?

---------

From: Christopher Anderson (canderso_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 16:27:41 PST

I don't just like to push my own efforts in this area but I do think the
series I'm compiling has some good stuff in it. The online catalogue is
at www.artinres.com

I take the approach that viewers want to see the artist at work in his
or her surroundings (similar to the McIntyre series). Instead, many
videos seem to invite the artist rather than the viewer. When I shoot I
keep my eyes open and my mouth closed. I want to capture the
personalities as well as the work, that makes each artist unique. I hope
you'll check out the AiR (artists in residence) titles and if you have
any questions please don't hesitate,

Chris Anderson
artists in residence, inc.
www.artinres.com

>>> ginab@jasper.yournet.com 04/02/02 19:06 PM >>>

Is there a Getty site index where teachers have already discussed videos
that are excellent? I teach K-12. Seriously, of the videos I've
purchased for the school in 15 years only a few even begin to hold the
kids attention (most are long winded and boring, I would never teach a
lesson remotely like any of these videos). Actually, some of the ones
for lower levels like elem. and jr. high might even prove better for my
high school kids, peppy, visual, simple and fast paced (no art history
lectures please). Please let me know how I can get some good
recommendations.

I just got a fabulous video catalog from Art Video World in the mail
(1-800-644-3429) and it has the best selection of videos on one place I
have ever seen. (However, several in it I have purchased and they were
BORING.) I could really use some recommendations.

 My students are in Art I and most do not plan to go into art. (Sound
familiar?) The videos I have enjoyed and used the most (but are not in
the catalog) are the old 'draw along' style Bruce McIntyre TIME TO DRAW
SERIES which in my opinion cannot be beat for being PERFECT ! But it's
out of date now. The kids got to actually DO SOMETHING that interested
them. I have totally worn those tapes out.I also teach elementary art.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

---
leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu
---