Fw: Art Videos - suggest Great Ones?

---------

From: Matt or Gina Booth (ginab_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 16:11:15 PST

Is there a Getty site index where teachers have already discussed videos that are excellent? I teach K-12. Seriously, of the videos I've purchased for the school in 15 years only a few even begin to hold the kids attention (most are long winded and boring, I would never teach a lesson remotely like any of these videos). Actually, some of the ones for lower levels like elem. and jr. high might even prove better for my high school kids, peppy, visual, simple and fast paced (no art history lectures please). Please let me know how I can get some good recommendations.

I just got a fabulous video catalog from Art Video World in the mail (1-800-644-3429) and it has the best selection of videos on one place I have ever seen. (However, several in it I have purchased and they were BORING.) I could really use some recommendations.

 My students are in Art I and most do not plan to go into art. (Sound familiar?) The videos I have enjoyed and used the most (but are not in the catalog) are the old 'draw along' style Bruce McIntyre TIME TO DRAW SERIES which in my opinion cannot be beat for being PERFECT ! But it's out of date now. The kids got to actually DO SOMETHING that interested them. I have totally worn those tapes out.I also teach elementary art. Thanks for any help you can give me.

---