Re: micro Kiln

---------

From: Dave Wuerffel (wuerfeld_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 14:54:04 PST

Sue,
    A few years ago I took a Ceramic Chemistry class and used a kiln the
like of which I've never come across again. It was very small and was used
primarily for glaze testing. The kiln that we used had minimal capacity, sat
no more than 24-30" above the floor and took up litle space. The appearance
was similar to the sectional Skutt kilns but I don't recall a name.
    What do you plan to use this kiln for? Depending on your purpose you may
wish to discuss it with your ceramic supplier and get their recommendations.
There are also ceramic websites that contain information on technical
questions, etc.
Jayne