Patriotic Art

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 13:30:24 PST

> I am looking for for ways to incorporate patriotism into my art lessons
> or lessons incorporating a patriotic theme.Any ideas will be very appreciated!

I came across this site over the weekend. It got me to thinking.

http://www.nara.gov/exhall/new_deal_for_the_arts/index.html

I have no particular lesson in mind, but I have always rolled around in my
head, that, the only time this country has truly supported artists was
during FDR's administration. This site offers areas of themes to explore
and perhaps the opportunity to see what artists would achieve given the same
kind of support offered back then.

Ask your kids how they would respond with images to the various themes
perhaps? I'm thinking printmaking and poster art as appropriate avenues.

Just a thought
Patty

---