Re: Closed minded administrators

---------

From: Jeanne Baas (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 12:49:29 PST

> Anybody else ever run into this type of closed-mindedness? If so, how did it
> turn out? I could really use some perspectives on this from an artist point
> of view...
> Yes,I've had this kind of reaction from my administration.We have a new
> Principal this year who is actually human! Amazing!I wanted to show a video
> on Greek art using a full scan of David. I thought it best to run it past him
> first in case there were some complaints from parents. He was great about the
> issue of nudity. His remark was that it was Art and not meant to be
> suggestive or ponornographic in any respect. I showed the video with his
> blessing and not one kid showed the least sign of any inappropriate behavior.
> It was great!!!!!!!

On another note,
I know this great list has heard me complain vehemently about the lack of
support from my nasty administrators. The male VP that I had the most
difficulty with passed away on Fri. I am still in shock! He was a huge man! A
former coach and in seemingly in the best of health. Was born and raised in the
community and attended the HS as a youth. He was only 41. Leaves behind 3
children--the oldest about to graduate from our HS. In spite of all the non
supportive and mean spirited things he did I would not wish this on anyone. The
wake is today, and I will go and pay my respects.It made me stop and think
about appreciating every treasured moment with my spouse!
Hope yall are enjoying the Easter Break. Finished 3 pieces of artwork! Amazing
Eh?

Gelato