A little sensitive right now...

---------

From: Judi Carter (judihc2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 05:11:44 PST

To Trish and the rest of us!

I don't pretend to know how everyone out there is feeling right now and what disservices have been aimed in your direction but I know that there are many. I know how I felt, as I was getting ready to board the plane for Florida to attend my first NAEA conference. I was devastated and did not want to attend but I had to go because the art teachers at my school had been accepted to present. I was told the Tuesday before we were ready to leave that my Photo program, which I spent six years building, was being eliminated because the school was implementing a block schedule due to go into effect this fall. They said the photo program was not being completely cut and would now be offered as an enrichment class due to meet on Monday and Wednesday from 2 to 2:45. Credit for the class was up in the air.

No need to go into any more detail than that, my point is so many of us are carrying around a multitude of feelings as our programs get cut or suspicion is directed our way and lack of support for our programs is rampent. Attending the conference was the best thing I could have done. I found support, rejuvenation, and new directions and discovered that yes, I am still a wonderful teacher and my school cannot take that away from me! Thanks to all of you!

Judi in NC

---