Re: Is anyone going to NECC / San Antonio ?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 03:20:22 PST

In short: a large national conference on computers in education.
                                                Woody in KC

Marand10@aol.com wrote:

> me too...am I stupid though....what is NECC?
> Marty ---

   The mission of the National Educational Computing Association (NECA)
is to advance educational philosophies,
   practices, policies, and research that focus on the appropriate use
of current and emerging technologies to empower
   all individuals to reach their full potential. The primary vehicle is
the National Educational Computing Conference
   (NECC) for those interested in improving teaching and learning with
technology in K-12 and teacher education.

   NECC is in its 22nd year of providing K-12 and university-level
educational professionals with an annual forum to learn,
   exchange, and survey the leaps and bounds being made in the field of
education technology. Through hands-on
   workshops, lecture-format and interactive "short" sessions,
discussions with key industry speakers, and the largest
   vendor exhibition of its kind, participants have the unique
opportunity to discover and share what they need to
   develop the appropriate use of technology in their classrooms,
districts, and universities.

   NECC is sponsored each year by NECA and is hosted by one or more
local institutions such as a university or
   nonprofit educational organization.

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com