Re: Brazil, anyone have info?

---------

From: Julie Hulvey (artistic_license_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 22:13:44 PST

Hi Connie,

I'm on the list - and, I'm going to Brasil too this summer!
I'll also be in Sao Paulo state some of the time. I'm going
to practice my portuguese and take photos for a series of paintings.

I highly recommend the lonely planet guide to brazil. If you don't want to
buy it, just go to Borders or Barnes and Noble and read the section on Sao
Paulo state. There are a lot of farms there, and lovely stretches of beach -
or so I understand - though I've been researching this, it's my first trip
too.

Are you going to Sao Paulo city? It's the site of a huge modern art Biennial
and has a great modern art museum.

As for the gifts for donation, I'm at a loss simply because there is so much
need I think we can't imagine. I'll ask my portuguese teacher what she
suggests - she's american but lived in Brasil for 30 years or more.

Boa sorte nos licoes portugueses,

Julie