artists in residence video evaluation ( FREE TAPE!)

---------

From: Chris Anderson (canderso_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 15:45:28 PST

On the basis of many of the suggestions you gave me for the artists in
residence video series I have come up with a new concept for the AiR
library: A separate version (the Teacher's Edition) specially designed for
use in the classroom.

I took a one hour tape (DM Anderson's Tradition Inspired (quilting))and
re-edited to create three 15 minute segments: Intro to the studio and
traditional quilts, with a brief overview of her studio and a selection of
her international collection of quilts; Tradition Inspired, in which she
shows traditional influences on her own work; and Technology Inspired, in
which she shows how she has incorporated new technology into her quilting
designs. Maybe not the most inspiring art form for many of you, but why
not try the most challenging first, right?

I would like to test these in the field. If it's successful--ie classroom
teachers find this new format easier to use and a valuable teaching
aid--I'll be re-editing more tapes for this Teacher's Edition. We
currently have 25 titles and continue to grow, so it's more than likely
we'll have something that you're looking for.

I need your feedback. I have five copies of the tape available to the
first five who respond. In exchange I only ask for your honest feedback.
To receive a free tape reply to this with your school address (or e-mail
me directly at canderso@cscc.edu) and I'll get a tape off to you.

Thanks, Chris Anderson,
artists in residence, inc.
www.artinres.com