Re: Calligraphy-Elementary, smart fifth graders?

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 15:22:46 PST

Hi, i do calligraphy most years with 5ths- I have them design a
certificate of acheivement or an award- ( sometimes I have them make
antique maps.) Anyway, I do a demo on how to hold the pen, how to make
letters, and how to properly care for the pens. I have them practice
first on zerox paper that has rows with diagonal lines on it so they can
get used to a slant and letter size. Let me know if you want more
specifics. I also have handouts on the lettering style. I do not give
them tons of lettering styles to choose from- I limit this so they can
focus on basics.
Hope this helps, Betsy

PicasoLovr@aol.com wrote:

> I've never done calligraphy with elementary school kids. But, I

---