Re: Laurel Burch -sharing a lesson

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 19:49:26 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
************************
> Judy had it right--her name is spelled Burch.
> Do any of you have the mid-70s book Native Funk and Flash? She's
> featured in it in all her hippie glory.
> Maggie
************************

I was lucky enough to meet her at the CA. CAEA this last fall. Really nice,
sweet, petite lady who was signing her wares. I got a few signed prints but
her jewelry, pottery, and clothes were really pricy. She used to sell her
wares on the S.F. streets of CA in the open air. She's come a long way,
baby.

There is a good book I picked up about her I got about 5 years ago which has
many, many examples of her work. I had several blown up at Kinko's for class
prints. If anyone is interested, I can get the name and ISBN# at school
tomorrow. Let me know.

There was also a great lesson in A&A or School Arts a few years ago using
gold pens on dried white glue cats on black paper and, I believe, pastels.
Toodles.....Bunki

---