Re: Secondary Art Teachers

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 06:59:59 PDT

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:

> Which of you teach at the secondary level?
I do - Sue from Sumner

> How many years have you been teaching?
20

> What art classes do you teach?
Beginning painting and drawing, 3D (Printmaking, plaster, wire sculpture,
pop ups, basketry) -also have taught art history when needed

> What are your high school's catalog descriptions of the classes you
>teach?
Large block of text in newspaper format - could send snail mail

> Do you teach 4-block; 8-block; or ????
4 period day, 88 minute classes - love it!

> What are the pros/cons of the schedule you teach?
believe it or not, some periods are still too short - but it is perfect
for art studio

> Do you have time to create art beyond the classroom?
I have a private painting class twice a month and do printmaking in a
friend's studio

> If so, what is your area of expertise?
I was trained as a weaver, still do baskets, also watercolor and block
prints - if I had time I would...

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---