Re: Secondary Art Teachers

---------

From: Jude & Frank (JGROCHOWSKI_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 06:30:24 PDT

  Which of you teach at the secondary level?
      I'm one!
  How many years have you been teaching?
      This is my 25th-all in the same district
  What art classes do you teach?
      Currently, Intro 3D and Photography 1&2 (one semester in length)
  What are your high school's catalog descriptions of the classes you teach?
      As everyone else notes, too long to list here, but will send copy if you'd like)
  Do you teach 4-block; 8-block; or ????
      Basic schedule, non block-48 minutes, 7 periods
  What are the pros/cons of the schedule you teach?
      Well, I've ben drooling over the block descriptions, so it's hard to think about pros, but I guess the diversity in the groups seen daily, and the cons are the time thing....block would be wonderful, I think!
  Do you have time to create art beyond the classroom?
      To be honest, time-probably, energy-no. When I 'do' my own art , I loose track of time and right now in my life that's not a luxury I have-I do have lots of unfinished pieces about my home and school. I also consider what I'm doing at school an art (as I'm sure all of us do).
  If so, what is your area of expertise?
      I inherited Photography 3 years ago and consider that my 'area' right now-not having done it previoulsy & and now loving it as a form! Also love drawing, sculpture and ceramics!

---