RE: Frequency of classes, Elementary

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 06:59:48 PDT

 I get more done with a one hour block than two 45 minutes... I just
combined two 4th 45 minute classes to have all (a big total of 27 kids) for
one hour (granted - twice a week - but we still accomplish more in one hour
than we did for two 45 minute periods - so it is like two weeks of class in
two days) - we get so much done...
I used to have 4th and 5th every day for 1 hour, for three weeks, then see
them again after 6 weeks. We got a lot done, but I felt like some of the
projects would drag on to complete the cycle...
Forty five minutes always seems rushed to me.
Ellen