To Gail- flowers

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 16:53:31 PDT

Hi gail, sorry it took so long to get back to you.This is the third time
I am sending this.
 Second gr. looked at
Okeefe's and Zaluchas' flowers.Discussion, etc- then made their self
portraits as
flowers by cutting a pc. of skin tone choice 9x12 paper into an oval.
then
they cut up about a third from the bottom of the oval and overlapped
this and secured it with glue. They added eyes, a mouth and etc and
then
any kind of petals they wanted around the perimeter.. the nose is formed

by overlapping the bottom part of the oval to make a cone.
they added stems , leaves and decorated with oil crayons their favorite
things or just patterns. A second gr teacher is retiring and I'm putting

these up for decoration. They are about as tall as the kids. I really
wanted to add the poem- but nobody seem to have heard of it. Let me
know if you have ques. Betsy
PS, I'm going to ask jeeves next about the poem.
pps. This was sent back to me because your mailbox was full. ? Sorry for
posting to the list on this.

---