Re: Sculpey

---------

From: Sue Freeland (sudz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 08:03:35 PDT

 I use Sculpey too! I've found that 6000 glue works well for pins it flexes
little with the piece.
    One project that's a little different is to take the ink part out of a
pen, and wrap the barrel with a thin layer of Sculpey (I picked up a pasta
machine at a yard sale a few years ago and the results are great!) on top of
this layer you could add a vine, flowers, faces arms (I wouldn't stick them
out too far) any theme you want. Figures from a story or classic might be
interesting, even underwater creatures or aliens. I collect pictures and
ideas to get them thinking. After baking place the ink part back in the pen
and write with it!! paint & glitter work well too.
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE THE INK PART OUT BEFORE BAKING!!!!!!! What a mess that
would make! (No, I didn't try it to see what would happen but you can
imagine!)
    Let me know if you have some other ideas.
Sue in Mass

---