Re: A new thread --What is your area of expertise/interest?

---------

From: The Erickson's (Jorgen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 07:18:55 PDT

Cindy Erickson
Current age group: 5th and 6th grade
My area of interest is watercolor-large intricate botanicals and extremely
detailed shaded pencil drawings. I think it is facinating to see all the
different things all of us are interested in....
But...
Don't you just hate it when the principal asks that question in an
interview. "What are you good at?" or "What do you specialize in?" As
if all I plan to teach all year is watercolor and pencil drawing. Sure
indicates a lack of understanding of the breadth and depth of art education.
Maybe it should have been a clue for me when I interviewed for this job?????

Happy Friday!

---