re: The classromm environment - grades (lurker's vent)

---------

From: Teri Mason (tmason_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 13:07:43 PDT

<<. I think they found this interesting...as they often feel
that they get into trouble because someone doesn't like them.>>

I am frustrated by this thought. Here at my school, this does seem to be the trend, but the reality is that they don't want to accept responsibility that they were not following the rules. For example, if I send a student to the quiet table (outside my room, in the hall) to work, they act like I am just so mean and I must not like them, when really they haven't closed their mouth for a good 15+ minutes and I'm fed up.
Or when they don't finish on time because they've been socializing instead of working, and their unfinished piece doesn't (or DOES) get displayed, they tell their parents that the mean art teacher didn't give enough time to finish. AAARGH!

venting,

teri

---