free translation and babelfish

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2001 - 14:11:36 PDT

I have used both, but our school only allows freetranslation because of
'bess',
our internet filter, won't let me use babelfish. The problem with
freetranslation is that when I write in the English version of what I
need, the
translated version isn't visible all the way on the screen and there
isn't a
scroll bar to move it up.I have to print it to see what it's saying. It
seems
to work all right for my German student which is what I've used it for.
Our new
adopted SRA series has all of the lessons in Spanish too, so I could use
that if
I got stuck for my Spanish speaking kids. Most them seem to pick up the
English
pretty quickly. I need Chinese though as we seem to be getting more
and more
from China. I feel that our school should invest in a translation
software.
Betsy

JDecker wrote:

> I decided to send this to the list. I have sent an e-mail to Pascal
and hope
> to hear back (I love the work of Joseph Cornell, too). I am curious if
Free
> Translation is a better option than Babelfish.

---