Re: RE: VanGogh's sold painting

---------

From: Art Sherwyn (art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 07:57:11 PDT

I thought the $83,000,000 dollar painting is the Iris's, at the Getty
Museum. I think that the Japanese had bought it for $54,000,000, and then
sold it to the Getty. Dr. Gachet was bought at an auction for $54,000,000.
It was interesting to note that his mother lived to see the beginnings of
his fame, she deserved to see her troubled son have purpose.