Mandala book (was--Re: Anger management--Vivian)

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 13:13:45 PDT

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> I've been enjoying reading your response about addressing the "soul" and was
> going to suggest that wonderful book "Mandalas" that Sharon on this listserv
> put me onto. It's a fabulous book about "spiritual light". Doesn't address
> religion per se but delves into the inner soul of man and how it is
> approached by cultures. The drawing lessons are given with detailed
> instructions. I would love to take a course with this writer. I've left the
> book at school but Sharon probably has the name at her fingertips.

Bunki,

We might have the same book: Mandala: Luminous Symbols for Healing, by
Judith Cornell. I've not incorporated it into my curriculum, but my sub
used it while I was in NYC. She's a retired colleague (English dept.)
and a good friend, and has enough art experience on her own to create
lesson plans when I'm gone (do I have it made in the shade or what?!).
The publisher is Quest Books, ISBN #0-8356-0710-0.

Maggie

---