Re: Anger management--Vivian

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 12:46:29 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
************************
(lots of snips)
> Certain cultures have certain belief systems and many of
> these systems address what we call the "soul". So we do
> examine belief systems within a culture - and we can look
> at these beliefs from a spiritual side since so much of
> art is created from the spiritual side.

> In Drawing and Painting we are working on creating
> mandalas. We are looking at Tibetan, Aztec (Thanks,
> Judy!), and various other cultures that use mandalas and
> why. > Vivian

I've been enjoying reading your response about addressing the "soul" and was
going to suggest that wonderful book "Mandalas" that Sharon on this listserv
put me onto. It's a fabulous book about "spiritual light". Doesn't address
religion per se but delves into the inner soul of man and how it is
approached by cultures. The drawing lessons are given with detailed
instructions. I would love to take a course with this writer. I've left the
book at school but Sharon probably has the name at her fingertips. If you
don't have it Vivian, please check into it. Toodles....Bunki

---