Re: kids are contagious!!!

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 22:10:05 PDT

    Rdunkelart wrote:

    > <snip> I catch everything the kids bring into the classroom and
    > want
    > to know if anyone has a few remedies to prevent thisl <snip>

    Roberta,

    I'm one of the few chronically healthy teachers in this district of low
    socio-economic families with generally poor personal hygeiene. I wash my hands a
    lot, try not to touch my face, esp. lips and eyes, with unwashed hands.
    Remember, viruses are spread most readily by hands. I get a flu shot every
    year. When colds or flu are making the rounds, I even open my windows for a
    spell every day, thinking the fresh air will help flush out the cooties; I have
    this image of all these viruses polluting the air in my room. I also drink a
    large glass of fortified orange juice each morning and exercise at least 30
    minutes five times a week. Oh, and I never allow my students to touch my food,
    drinking cup, etc. If I'm sharing something I hand them some myself.

    Salud!

    Maggie

    ---