Re: kids are contagious!!!

From: wendy sauls (wsauls)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 19:30:43 PDT

    i have a wacko theory about not getting sick - i've never gotten sick a
    whole lot other than the routine colds and stuff, but since i have started
    exercising "seriously" i've seemed to be incredibly "immune". when
    everybody else catches the latest bug at school i miss it! my research
    (asking others :D ) has led me to believe this is not an isolated
    phenomenon - one possibility is that "hard" exercise raises body temperature
    enough to do in a lot of the naughty germs. i think if you really
    exercise - get the heart rate up and sweat flowing - several times a week
    you may get sick a lot less...mentally, too! the real trick, of course, is
    finding an exercise you love to do so that you will actually DO it.

    i still get the flu shot, though - had the flu once several years ago and it
    was horrible! no problems since i got the shot. very cheap insurance!

    ---