Re: kids are contagious!!!

From: Christy Kane (claygoddess31)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 18:56:08 PDT

    >>Came home with the stomach flu. Woke up with it but tried to get through
    >>day
    >as
    >we don;t have subs

    Roberta,
    I feel for you!!! I don't think there is such a thing thing as immunity!!!
    I've been teaching for 9 years. I get a flu shot, keep my distance, wash my
    hands,take extra vitamins, all that good stuff. I still get hit really hard
    the second or third week of school then again in the spring. Sometimes I
    (and many other faculty) think we have a "sick building". Ah! there's
    nothing like recycled air!
    I'm assuming you've moved your computer to your bedside? Hope you're feeling
    better soon.
    And on that sub shortage note...
    Is this a nation wide epidemic? We are having the same problems in western
    PA. I think we have about 12 subs for the whole district and of course no
    art sub!
    Christy