Re: food sculpture

From: Litesal (litesal)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 18:18:33 PDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: <gregjuli>
    To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet>
    Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2000 9:33 PM
    Subject: food sculpture

    > I'm just curious if anyone checked out the site with Don Kirschener's food
    > sculptures from rocks. I'd like to hear what people thought about the
    work.
    > maryb
    >
    > http://members.aol.com/Obnoid2/DKHome.html

    I thought they were interesting and clever, but not really, "food for
    thought." He seems skillful. I've never worked in stone (I'm sure it's not
    easy), but the forms Kirschener made, while appearing almost lifelike, were
    very rigid looking. I know the forms were made of stone, but I would have
    been more amused and impressed if the forms captured the actual texture of
    what they represented. Who did that marble Hefty garbage bag? That was more
    convincing.

    Well, Mary, you asked!

    Leah

    ---