Re: kids are contagious!!!

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 17:41:24 PDT

    I've been teaching only as long as Roberta, but I don't seem to get sick
    very often. I've been out due to illness maybe three days in five years. I
    wash my hands a lot, but I'm not compulsive about it. I give and get lots of
    hugs, and I shake LOTS of hands and I pat lots of heads and shoulders. I've
    found that what works best for my chapped hands is rubbing Crisco into them
    at bedtime. I do that all winter when chapping is worst.
    One principal's theory is that teachers often ignore sickness because
    ignoring it is easier than preparing sub plans. I have to admit I resemble
    that!
    First couple of years I got the flu shots, but I haven't bothered the last
    three years. Do any of you do the flu shots offered each fall?
    Mark