Re: kids are contagious!!!

From: PGStephens
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 15:56:49 PDT

    Roberta:

    I am not a health professional, but we had a similar problem in the
    elementary where I worked for many years. Teachers were constantly sick with
    colds and the flu. After the district nursing supervisor and our own school
    nurse watched us for a few days, they gave a good suggestion that worked.
    The main thing they noticed is that we (the teachers) would grade papers and
    then not wash out hands. They also noticed that we would sit at the
    children's desks or touch their desks, papers, books, pencils, etc. ... and
    you guessed it. We didn't wash our hands. After we instituted a policy of
    frequent hand washing with soap, many of our flu problems went away.

    Pam
    http://www.ARTeaches.com

    ---