Re: pinhole cameras

From: SANDRA ROWLAND (serowland)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 14:27:42 PDT

    Pinhole photo is great for the classroom. My son is fascinated with only
    one photo taken so far. If you teach this in the reg art class, not one
    specific to photo, you could inspire students in sculpture as well. I
    have a book that has examples of pinhole camera made with a variety of
    items, such as hat boxes, cosmetic cases, or match boxes. The students
    can play off the photo taking ability of the object to give the camera
    more meaning than just a working camera. A student at university did one
    that required the viewer to peer into the box to see the meaning and the
    result was alot of strange images on the negative. Could go on with
    ideas for this forever!

    Sandra in AL