Re: New thread? Polaroid "paintings"

From: Artedsusan
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 08:17:54 PDT

    The poloroid rep gave a workshop in our district too. One of the things we
    did was use watercolor pencils dipped in water to draw on 'set' poloroids.
    It was great fun and you can just wash off the paint and do it over and over.
     Susan in Michigan

    In a message dated 4/25/00 1:26:14 AM, mwhiteaz writes:

    <<"Buerkle, Jennifer" wrote:

    > Hi, everyone..
    >
    > Just got in an order of books I bought 'cold' from a catalog, and one is
    > especially intriguing, showing very impressionistic products made from
    Polaroid
    > prints. Evidently when the inner emulsion is still soft, you can score and
    > otherwise manipulate it. Anyone actually ever DO this?
    >
    > Jen in Tallahassee

    I have a friend, a talented photographer, who does this. She manipulates the
    gel,
    then enlarges the photo at a color copy place. The effects are terrific.

    Maggie>>

    ---