Re: wetset procedures

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 07:17:39 PDT

    skygeoff wrote:
    > Wetset Suns: The little rays of the sun
    > kept falling of. We glued them to black paper, cut the edges of the paper with
    > Fiskars fancy edged scissors and then glued them to cardboard which was hidden
    > under the paper. They turned out well but I will never use that stuff again. It
    > certainly wasn't worth all the extra work.
    > Sky
     I did this project with 5 years old out of red mexican air dry
    clay. Only one sun was damaged- as the little girl kept smashing it
    down thinner and thinner. (might I say most mature child and held
    back from kindergarten by her parents and really needed more
    challenging projects) Anyway, of course her sun's tips broke off.
    She made a second one and was very careful not to have thin rays!
    Sometimes they just need to find out for themselves
    (especially with clays)
    I either sprayed matte gloss or brushed glue over them.
    Sandra

    astroboy

    ---