Re:Papermaking

From: jane mary (mjart49)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 05:24:02 PDT

    Heidi, I had my students make a piece of handmade paper. Then we studied
    Chinese painting and calligraphy. They painted on their paper or made some
    calligraphy on their paper. They made a 'chop' of their initials out of
    Nasco carving material.We thenglued their paper onto a 8"x 24" piece of
    fadeless paper. We rolled the top edge over a dowel and attached a string to
    hang(^).We added tissue 1"x6", glued from where the dowel is to represent
    the ties that would hold the scroll in place when not in use.MJ