Re: wetset procedures

From: skygeoff
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 07:42:18 PDT

    I had my students make suns out of the wetset clay for a project on Mexico. I
    save the plastic buckets that Crayola Model Magic comes in and had one for each
    child. They filled their buckets with about two inches of water and soaked their
    suns over night. I flipped them all over in the buckets. They washed off the
    film themselves with soapy water. Then they painted them. The paint cracked off
    on one. It may not have been cleaned well enough. They were fragile even though
    I told the children to make them thick and sturdy. The little rays of the sun
    kept falling of. We glued them to black paper, cut the edges of the paper with
    Fiskars fancy edged scissors and then glued them to cardboard which was hidden
    under the paper. They turned out well but I will never use that stuff again. It
    certainly wasn't worth all the extra work.

    Sky

    ---