Salt Marsh lesson plan

From: One of the Colmans (colmans1)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 02:28:05 PDT

    If I were going to do a lesson on the salt marshes, I would present the work
    of Martin Johnson Heade as inspiration. He painted the marshes of Mass. and
    RI and the paintings are stunning. There is a show of his now at the
    National Gallery so maybe you could get some images from the NGA web site.
    When I saw the show in Boston, I bought the catalogue which has beautiful
    images. You could use his paintings to teach one point as well as
    atmospheric perspective.
    Marian

    ---