Createx monotype inks

From: One of the Colmans (colmans1)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 02:26:47 PDT

    I bought the Createx monotype colors because of the good reviews I read on
    this list. We are using them now and I just don't feel they are working
    right. I feel as though we must be doing something incorrectly. I had the
    students paint with them on plexi. The paint was allowed to dry. Then we
    soaked paper ( white drawing paper), blotted the paper and pressed it on the
    plate. The color didn't seem to transfer very well-- parts did, parts
    didn't. Is there a better way to do this? Should I be using better paper?
    Thanks for your help!
    Marian

    ---