Re: papermaking project

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 16:24:22 PDT

    What a coincidence to find this papermaking thread today! I just got a Chuck
    Close book from the library today to use as a reference for a 7th grade
    self-portrait lesson, and I noticed he did lots of handmade paper portraits.
    He gridded the picture and assigned values to each square and used different
    value paper pulp in the classic Close style. I haven't ever done papermaking
    with kids, but if I did, a value lesson with gridding might be how I'd
    approach it. The book I've got (there are lots more) is: CHUCK CLOSE by Lisa
    Lyons and Robert Storr, Rizzoli International Publications, New York, 1987.

    Mark

    ---