Re: papermaking project

From: croberts (b2w6w4kn)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 15:16:34 PDT

    Sharon...my classes are also experimenting with paper making. When I told
    them we were going to be making paper, they turned their noses up, until
    they saw some of the interesting things they could do with this. They love
    seeing who can come up with the most original design for their paper.

    Some of the prettiest paper are the sheets where they add flower petals,
    small wild flowers, or leaves (dried or fresh) from the plants in our room.

    My original plan was for them to make paper to use in collages...we WILL do
    this, if they ever get tired of making the beautiful paper that they write
    "love notes on"...then fold in thirds and tie with a pretty ribbon...and
    send to their "sweeties"...

    *****Tell me how you embed the photos in the paper without messing up the
    photos from the water.*******

    Carolyn Roberts
    Kinston High School
    Kinston NC 28501
    croberts
    >I did papermaking with my students in January and examples of our results
    >are on my webpage:
    >http://home.adelphia.net/~sharonbk
    >
    >I apologize that I don't have the lesson plan(s) up for that yet (too many
    >other things going on), but you can see from our examples that one of the
    >things that we did to make this interesting was to embed photographs in
    some
    >of the paper.
    >Sharon

    ---