Re: Projects 1st thru 8th gr.

From: Rosa Juliusdottir (rojul)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 16:11:26 PDT

    I often use the same theme with all the ages I teach and adapt it to each
    age level. I find it interesting to see the different aproach they have and
    to see the different outcomes is also very valuable for both students and
    teachers. I have had all my students work on themes about birds in our
    country; they have studied birds in the Museum of Natural History, studied
    photographs of birds and looked at birds outside. Also we visited a local
    artist who paints and makes prints with bird motives. Then the students had
    drawing lessons, made paintings, made clay birds and made large pictures of
    birds with tissue paper and sellophane paper to put in the windows. This
    took almost a whole semester and all the students from 5 yrs. to 13 yrs.
    did this. It was great.
    Best regards from the far north,
    Rosa
    >What are some suggestions of art lessons that can be done at the same time
    >by 1st graders through 8th graders. I will be teaching those age levels and
    >all in between and I want similar projects for my own sanity. They will be
    >divided up into diff. classes by age, but I want them to do the same stuff.
    >I realize that the abilities are different, but they can still have similar
    >themes with the same supplies needed.

    ---